What we Believe
As a Church we make no apologies for stating that our beliefs are based solidly upon the teaching of the Bible. We hold unswervingly and unashamedly to the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible. The Bible not only governs what we believe but also how we worship God and how we live as followers of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and life.
- We believe in the existence of only ONE God, the Triune God revealed in the Bible as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all human beings are born as sinners and as such are under the power and penalty of sin
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Son; that he lived a completely sinless life in this world and offered up his life as a substitutionary sacrifice for sinners.
- We believe in the literal, physical, bodily resurrection of Jesus from the dead and that his resurrection was God’s declaration of the acceptableness of his sacrifice on behalf of every sinner who is united to him by saving faith.
- We believe that every person, being dead in sin, is unable, in and of themselves, to exercise saving faith in Jesus Christ and can only do so as enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the literal visible return of Jesus Christ to judge the living and the dead and in the reality of Heaven and Hell.